The ACP Rejuvenation procedure takes advantage of the healing properties and restorative power of your own blood. This treatment does not involve any cutting or invasive surgery. Instead, this non-surgical facelift procedure utilizes what’s known as Autologous Conditioned Plasma. SCP Therapy involves collecting a vial of the patient’s own blood and placing it in a special centrifuge where it is spun at a very rapid rate. During this process, the blood is separated out into its active parts.
This method is known as the Selphyl System and is done to isolate the platelets. These tiny components are rich in growth factors, which promote wound healing and tissue regeneration. The Autologous Conditioned Plasma is then activated to release at least 8 essential growth factors and signaling proteins. This potent serum is then re-injected back into the areas of the face and neck affected by wrinkles.
The ACP Rejuvenation combines the science of unipotent stem cells for skin rejuvenation with the science of hyaluronic acid fillers for volume replacement. The first part of the ACP Rejuvenation procedure entails sculpting targeted regions of the face using fillers like Juvederm or Restylane. Once the desired shape is achieved, your physician will then use Selphyl to polish and refine the skin.
There are several changes that occur in the skin as we get older.
- Aging skin receives less blood flow, which can cause the skin tone and color to appear blotchy and uneven.
- A decrease in collagen production causes the skin to lose elasticity and facial volume. This in turn causes the facial structure to appear collapsed and droopy.
- Sun exposure and other factors over time cause the skin’s texture to change. When we are younger, our skin feels soft and silky. Over time however, damaged skin takes on a rougher, dryer texture.
The ACP Rejuvenation addresses all of these issues. ACP contains at least 8 growth factors that will continue to work overtime to replenish and rejuvenate the skin. Activating these growth factors enhances your skin’s appearance in the following ways.
- ACP promotes the development of new blood vessels, causing the skin to take on a more vibrant color and youthful glow.
- New collagen formation induced by ACP restores youthful volume to the face while filling in and diminishing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Since growth factors work to build a new dermis, the epidermis (outer most layers of the skin) appears smoother and softer.