Botox is a brand name for botulinum toxin type A, a neuromodulator that works by temporarily relaxing the muscles that cause wrinkles, resulting in smoother, younger-looking skin. But what if you’re looking for an alternative to Botox? Daxxify is a new neuromodulator on the market. Like Botox, Daxxify works by temporarily relaxing the muscles that cause wrinkles. However, Daxxify has a unique formula that some say makes it an even more attractive option for semi-permanent facial rejuvenation.
At DermFX, we offer Botox and Daxxify injections as non-surgical cosmetic treatments to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Our experienced team of medical professionals will work with you to create a customized treatment plan that addresses your specific aesthetic concerns and goals.
Our team of medical professionals will work with you to determine whether Botox or Daxxify is the right choice for you based on your individual needs and desired results. Whether you choose Botox or Daxxify, you can trust that DermFX will provide you with safe, effective, and natural-looking results. Call your nearest location to schedule a consultation, or complete a form to find out what Botox or Daxxify can do for you!
- 1 Before and After Photos
- 2 About Neuromodulators
- 3 A Brief History of Botox
- 4 What’s Special About Daxxify?
- 5 Benefits of Injectable Neuromodulators
- 6 Making the Right Choice
- 7 Candidates
- 8 Personal Consultation
- 9 Corresponding & Complementary Procedures
- 10 Cost of Daxxify in Newport Beach
- 11 References
Before and After Photos
In today’s world, where appearances matter more than ever, many people turn to cosmetic treatments to help maintain a youthful look. Botox and other injectables have seen a huge increase in popularity in recent years. And in fact, some of the most popular non-surgical procedures include Botox and/or dermal fillers.
As we age, our skin loses elasticity and volume, leading to the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. Neuromodulators are primarily used to reduce the appearance of wrinkles in the upper face. They are usually indicated in the treatment of the following:
- Glabellar Lines
- Horizontal Forehead Lines
- Crow’s Feet
How Do Neuromodulators Work?
Neuromodulators like Botox and Daxxify work by directly affecting the nerves in the treatment area. They are natural products of Clostridium botulinum, a bacterium that produces a neurotoxic protein. By inhibiting acetylcholine production, they block the nerve signals that cause muscle contractions, causing the muscle to relax. (1) This allows for smoother, line-free skin.
Types of Neuromodulator Injection
A Brief History of Botox
The history of Botox is a fascinating one. Originally developed as a treatment for eye muscle disorders, its potential for cosmetic use was discovered in the 1980s. Fast forward to today and Botox has become a household name as the most popular non-surgical cosmetic treatment in the world. (1)
Botulinum toxin originally had – and still has – medical uses. In the 1960s, Dr. Alan Scott, an ophthalmologist, used it to treat strabismus, a condition where the eyes are misaligned.
Later, in the 1980s, Botox was first used as a cosmetic treatment. Dr. Jean Carruthers, a Canadian ophthalmologist, noticed that patients who were receiving Botox injections for eye spasms also showed a reduction in wrinkles around the eyes. Since then, Botox has become one of the most popular cosmetic treatments in the world, with millions of people using it every year to reduce signs of aging.
In addition to its cosmetic uses, Botox has been approved by the FDA for a variety of medical uses, including the treatment of muscle spasms, migraine headaches, and hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating). (2) It has also been used to treat conditions like cerebral palsy and dystonia.
What’s Special About Daxxify?
Like Botox, Daxxify is a neuromodulator indicated for wrinkle and line reduction in the upper face. This includes horizontal forehead lines, glabellar lines, and crow’s feet. Despite both containing the active muscle relaxing ingredient, the formulations are slightly different.
- Botox Formulation: A vial of Botox contains 100 units of onabotulinumtoxin type A, 0.9 mg sodium chloride (salt), and 0.5 mg of human serum albumin. Human serum albumin is a byproduct of human blood and is used as a stabilizer in the formulation. (1)
- Daxxify Formulation: A vial of Daxxify contains daxibotulinumtoxinA-lanm, but does not use human serum albumin. Instead, Daxxify uses a peptide as a stabilizer (RTP004). (3) But what does this mean?
Daxxify’s use of stabilizing RTP004 means that results can last longer than Botox. Research not only shows that Daxxify has greater clinical efficacy than Botox, but also shows that results typically last 5.5 months or more. (3) In comparison, Botox lasts between 3-4 months.
Benefits of Injectable Neuromodulators
Botox and Daxxify treatments are simple and effective ways to achieve a more youthful, refreshed appearance. At DermFX, we understand that every patient is unique and requires individualized attention. Here are some of the advantages of cosmetic injectables:
- Wrinkle Reduction: Injectables can significantly reduce the appearance of facial wrinkles caused by repetitive muscle movements, such as frown lines and crow’s feet.
- A More Youthful Appearance: This treatment can give you a more youthful, rejuvenated look without the need for surgery or other invasive procedures.
- Softened Facial Expressions: Injectables can soften harsh facial expressions, giving you a more approachable and friendly appearance.
- Quick Recovery Time: The procedure typically takes less than 30 minutes, and most patients can return to their normal activities immediately following treatment.
- Long-Lasting Results: While results vary between patients, Botox and Daxxify can provide long-lasting results that can last up to 5 months or longer.
- Minimal Discomfort: Injectables are generally well-tolerated with minimal discomfort or pain. Our skilled nurses take great care to ensure your comfort during the procedure.
- Enhanced Natural Beauty: Cosmetic injectables can enhance your natural beauty and help you look and feel your best.
Our goal at DermFX is to provide you with natural-looking, subtle results that leave you feeling confident and refreshed!
Making the Right Choice
When selecting a neuromodulator, there are a number of important factors to consider. These include:
- The area(s) being treated
- The severity of the wrinkles or lines
- Your personal preferences
- Any past experiences with neuromodulators
Is Daxxify Better Than Botox?
There is no “correct” answer to this question. Although Botox has been around the longest and is the most well-known of any neuromodulator, surprisingly, it is not the longest-lasting. Conversely, Daxxify has not been around too long and it’s already making a significant impact. Although Daxxify results can last longer, each product has its unique benefits and drawbacks. And in fact, some patients actually prefer more regular treatments. Still, the most important factor is the skill of your injector and their ability to customize the treatment to your individual needs. So, put simply, the choice is yours!
Can’t decide which injectable to go for? Come and see us at one of our five Southern California locations. Book your consultation at DermFX by filling out this simple form.
Injectable treatments like Botox and Daxxify are well-tolerated by most people. In general, patients should be in good overall health and have no serious underlying health conditions, especially if they are nerve-related (e.g. neuromuscular disease). Injectable neuromodulators are not suitable if you are pregnant or breastfeeding, or if you have a known sensitivity to any of the ingredients in the formulations.
At DermFX, we believe that every patient deserves a personalized approach to their treatment plan. That’s why we offer one-on-one consultations with our trained professionals to discuss your individual needs and concerns.
By choosing us for your treatment, you’ll benefit from a personalized treatment plan, expert advice, customized injections, and an in-depth analysis of your facial features and skin condition. You can trust us to deliver safe and effective results, tailored to your individual needs. Contact us today to schedule your personal consultation.
Corresponding & Complementary Procedures
Dysport is another FDA-approved injectable treatment that works by relaxing the muscles responsible for frown lines and wrinkles. Results mean patients can achieve a smoother appearance and an overall improvement in facial aesthetics.
Unlike other neuromodulators, Xeomin is a purified protein that contains no additives. It is FDA-approved and has been shown to be safe and effective in studies. Because it is minimally invasive, it is a popular choice for those who want to avoid surgery or more extensive procedures.
At DermFX, we offer a variety of dermal fillers such as Juvéderm (including Juvéderm Volux), Restylane, Radiesse, Sculptra, and Belotero Balance that can be used to address specific areas of concern and achieve optimal results for each individual patient. These injectable treatments work by adding volume and stimulating collagen growth, resulting in smoother, more youthful-looking skin.
Cost of Daxxify in Newport Beach
If you’re looking for a way to freshen up your appearance without breaking the bank, injectables may be the answer you’ve been searching for. At DermFX, we understand that cost is an important factor when considering cosmetic treatments. That’s why we offer such a wide variety of options for you to choose from! We also offer financing to qualified patients.
- Hong SO. Cosmetic Treatment Using Botulinum Toxin in the Oral and Maxillofacial Area: A Narrative Review of Esthetic Techniques. Toxins. 2023;15(2):82. doi:https://doi.org/10.3390/toxins15020082
- Nigam P, Nigam A. Botulinum toxin. Indian Journal of Dermatology. 2010;55(1):8. doi:https://doi.org/10.4103/0019-5154.60343
- Solish N, Carruthers J, Kaufman J, Rubio RG, Gross TM, Gallagher CJ. Overview of DaxibotulinumtoxinA for Injection: A Novel Formulation of Botulinum Toxin Type A. Drugs. 2021;81(18):2091-2101. doi:https://doi.org/10.1007/s40265-021-01631-w