The Only FDA Approved Solution for Cellulite
The Velashape II is a medical device that utilizes the technology “ELOS”, a combination of light energy and the radio frequency energy with mechanical rollers and a gentle vacuum to improve the contour of the tissues. In addition to the contouring benefits from this procedure this device will improve the skin circulation and may possibly also improve the appearance of cellulite in some patients. Studies have shown that some patients also have a notable reduction in circumferential measurement from this procedure as well.
Velashape II is designed to improve the appearance of skin surface irregularities, shrink fat cells, and contour areas on the body.
- The only FDA approved solution for cellulite
- Painless and Non-invasive treatment for smoother, firmer and tighter skin
- herapeutic for improving circulation and muscle aches
- Body Contouring
How does the Velashape work?The combination of infrared and conducted RF (radio frequency) energies increases oxygen to the cells by heating the skin. This increases the metabolism of stored energy thereby shrinking the size of the fat chamber and improving the appearance of the treatment area by smoothing it out. The vacuum and tissue manipulation evens out the skin to reveal a smoother, tighter figure. The velashape device is designed for large and small body areas such as thighs, buttocks and abdomen.
Is the Velashape treatment safe?The Velashape is FDA cleared as safe and effective for all skin types and colors. At DermFx, the Velashape clinicians have been highly trained and certified by the Syneron company.
How quickly will I notice results?Improvements of the treated areas can be seen following the first treatment. The skin will feel smoother, firmer and tighter. Results in circumference and cellulite reduction will be most apparent 6-8 weeks following the final treatment session. In clinical studies, patients report an average reduction of about 1 inch post treatment series. In clinical trials, the range of Circumferential Reduction was between 0.5 – 3 inches.
Four to six treatments usually result in significant improvement. Some patients may need a few more sessions. Treatment once a week is recommended. One maintenance treatments session per month may be necessary to sustain the results, followed by once every 2 – 3 months, according to individual results.
Like all non-surgical or surgical techniques, results will last longer if a balanced diet and exercise regimen is followed.
Are there any side effects?Most patients find the Velashape treatments comfortable, like a warm deep tissue massage. It is normal to experience a warm sensation for a few hours post treatment. Your skin may also appear redder than usual for several hours. There is a possibility of short term side effects.
How long is the recovery time?There is no recovery down time. The patient can resume normal activities immediately after treatment.
Velashape Pre-Treatment Recommendations
- The Patient should shave any hair in the treatment area the day before the treatment. Long body hair can be pulled by the mechanical rollers.
- Avoid waxing or other traumatic procedures that may compromise skin integrity for a few days before treatment.
- The patient should come to treatment with clean exfoliated skin. No lotions, powders, oils should be present on the skin of the treated area.
- If possible the patient should discontinue aspirin or anti-coagulants that may predispose the patient to bruising.
How much does it cost?
- Call our office today to schedule your free consultation: 800-850-1223 (Toll Free)
- Sign up now to become a DermFx VIP and receive monthly e-mail specials about a variety of our services.
- Don't forget to check out our monthly specials.